Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tradio #0 - The Beginning-ing

Well...been sick lately and haven't had the energy to post.  Been bad because I wanted to post something at least five times a week.  Been good in that it has given me some perspective and some time to think about what I wanted to do with this little blog of mine and some of the nerdiness that I want to post.  What I have come up with is that I have been slowly over the years accumulating quite the number of graphic novels and I thought to myself, what better way to get more out of them then to maybe do a weekly review of one of them.  Some weeks it will be a review of a original graphic novel or collected mini series.  Other weeks it will be the first volume of an ongoing series.  Just depends on what I am feeling like.  My plan is to look at it objectively and see if the overall arc works and relate whether, in the case of volumes from ongoing series, it does a good job making you want to keep reading.  I will try to keep the reviews spoiler-free so that I don't rob you from the enjoyment if you want to read one after I talk about it.  I also will be giving away ones that I am done with and don't really want to keep in my collection for one reason or another.  Here are some of the ones that I am considering:

Blankets
Mouse Guard: Fall 1152
Lost Girls
RASL: The Drift
Runaways: Pride and Joy
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
Pride of Baghdad
The Stand: Captain Trips
Punisher: Circle of Blood
From Hell
Elmer: a comic book
Dead @ 17: Compendium Edition
A Contract with God
Sin City: The Hard Goodbye
Box Office Poison
The Dark Tower: A Gunslinger Born
Fell: Feral City
Four Eyes: Forged in Flame
G.I.Joe: Cobra
Hack/Slash: My First Maniac
Hellboy: Seed of Destruction
I Kill Giants
Invincible: Family Matters
Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft
Judenhass
Marvel 1602
30 Days of Night
Stray Toasters
Origin
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Volume One
Irredeemable: Volume One
Marvels
Morning Glories: Volume One
The Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank
Fear Agent: Re-Ignition
Chew: Taster's Choice
Mystery Society
Ex Machina: The First Hundred Days
No Hero
Transmetropolitan: Back on the Street
Wolfskin
X-Force: New Beginnings
Atomic Robo: Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists of Tesladyne
Skull Kickers: 100 Opas and a Dead Body
Sweet Tooth: Out of the Deep Woods
Proof: Goatsucker
Resurrection: The Insurgent Edition
The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite
The Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye
Punisher Max: Kingpin
The Sixth Gun: Cold Dead Fingers
Starman: Sins of the Father
Marvel 1985
Criminal: Coward
Destroyer
Dynamo 5: Post-Nuclear Family
Taskmaster: Unthinkable
Crecy
iZombie: Dead to the World
Spider-Man: Reign
Wolverine: Old Man Logan
Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
The Crow
Crossed: Volume One
Scalped: Indian Country
Randon Acts of Violence
Preacher: Gone to Texas
The Roberts
The Pro
Powers: Who Killed Retro Girl
Y: The Last Man: Unmanned
Wolverine Weapon X: Adamantium Men
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Black Gas
Demo: Volume One
Daytripper
Casanova: Luxuria
Batman: Year One
Northlanders: Sven the Returned
New X-Men: E is for Extinction
X-Men: Magneto Testament
Batman: The Long Halloween
V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Kingdom Come
The Last Days of American Crime
Jinx
Sandman
The Complete Bone
Maus
Hard Boiled
300
Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes
Sea of Red: No Grave But the Sea
All Star Superman
Superman: Red Son
Black Hole

Shew...that just might keep me busy for a while.  Any other titles will be entertained and anything off the list that you want me to review sooner, I am more than willing to do...just drop me a line or leave me a comment. If you are a writer or artist or both with something you want me to review, feel free to send it to me.  If you are a shop that wants something reviewed to drum up sales...let me know.  Anyway...the first one will be up a little later this week, not sure which I will pick yet, so suggestions are welcome.  Talk to you soon, imaginary readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment