Friday, July 15, 2011

Downloadable Games

Hi, imaginary readers.  For someone who is suppose to be working through a ton of games this summer, I haven't been gaming a lot lately.  I just haven't been in the right mindset.  Some people can pick up and game and play an hour or two and then can move on...not me.  Once I start one, I want to finish it until the bitter end and get all I can out of it.  I think that's why sometimes big, disk games are sometimes daunting to me.  I have all three Assassin's Creed games and I have yet to jump in cause I know they will rule my life for a while once I start the first one.  Sometimes, it is just easier to jump into a shorter downloadable game because I know that I can devote a little bit of time, get a complete story, and have a ton of fun.

I have an XBox 360, so I can only talk of the XBox Arcade Games there, but over the years there has been a gradual shift from smaller, more puzzle type games Bejeweled and Bomberman Live and straight ports of older games like Joust and Contra to new complete adventure games like Shadow Complex and Limbo and upgraded classics like Bionic Commando Rearmed and Pacman CE.  Some of my favorites?  Why I thought you would never ask!

Puzzle Games
Pacman C.E.
Peggle
Hexic HD

Shooters
Heavy Weapon
Contra
Duke Nukem 3D

Adventure Games
Limbo
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Shadow Complex
Bionic Commando: Rearmed

Others
Plants Vs. Zombies
Carcassonne
Puzzle Quest

By all means, the list is not exhaustive.  There are a lot of good games out there to download and a lot that I have never played...just tried to narrow it down to ones I have played and loved.  You can't go wrong with these, the all get the PaleRiderOfDoom stamp of awesomeness!  Till next time, imaginary readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment