Friday, May 25, 2012

New Tradio Series Starts Next Week - The Summer of Sandman!

This summer I wanted to do something new for my weekly trade review series.  Over the past year, I have been buying used Sandman trades and I finally got the last one that I needed for a full run of them.  The Sandman is one of those series that I have heard over and over that I should have read and just had never gotten around to it.  So I figured now that I have them all, I am going to sit down and read them from beginning to end and let you all know my thoughts about what is considered the granddaddy of the Vertigo Comics line.  Will I like them?  Will I be engaged enough to finish the twelve trades that I have?  We will see...together...and if you aren't much for this series, maybe I can give you a different spin on them. Hopefully by the end we will see just why this series is lauded as one of the masterpieces of the comic form.  Or maybe we will get bored and have to read something else.  Either way, I have a plan and an idea of something a little different to do while we waste away the days of summer.  Hope you enjoy the series and if you want to read along with me, your thoughts will be appreciated.  Next week is volume one of The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes.  Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment