Monday, June 27, 2011

What's in a name?

I figured that before I jump into posts about the assorted nerdiness that takes up my life, I might take a minute or two to talk about the name of the blog.  Pop Culture Punching Bag came about originally way back in 2006 when four friends thought about doing a podcast.  We got as far as a Myspace page and a logo designed by artist Justin Stewart (not sure if we ever paid him for that either).  As much as we wanted to do it, we never really ever got our crap together and did it.  Since then we have had six kids between the four of us (three of them mine) and one of us doesn't talk to the rest of us anymore.  Life happens.  People change.  Friendships can grow cold.  At least two of us have stayed friends through the years, though some of those years, we have been been better friends than others (and alot of the reason for that has been myself).  So, after five years, here I am.  Reclaiming a little piece of the internet for me and any others that want to read what I have to say.  Might even try to convince a friend or two to write here too.  Thanks for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment