Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Desperate Cry For Help...

Ahhhh...summer.  Time to relax, work in the yard, play with kids, and get caught up on my video game playing.  Usually, I would dive headfirst into something epic that is a great game that I want to pour hours and hours of gameplay into.  This summer, I am taking a different approach.  Over the years since my wife bought me the ole Xbox 360, I have always been on the lookout for games on sale.  I will admit, there have been more than a few times when I have bought before I thought and now I have a huge library of unplayed games; some great, some good, and some not so good.  Usually when I pick a game I go for the great ones and so I have ended up with a backlog of the later two types that I have been waiting patiently for their time to shine.  This summer, they wait no longer!  I went through and pulled out 24 games that I plan on getting through during my break from work.  Will I make it?  Probably not, but at least I am playing what I have, getting through some of my shelf, and generating a little trade in credit for when I can finally get that copy of Duke Nukem Forever I have had my eye on.  Here is the list (in no particular order):


Watchmen: The End is Nigh (Done!  Not too bad actually)
Guitar Hero: Metallica (Done! I like the band and all, but that was too much)
Guitar Hero: World Tour (Done! Hand aching...)
Guitar Hero: 5 (Done! My God!  Three Guitar Hero games in a row is definately a cry for help)
Eragon (Done-ish...Should finish tonight)
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Mirror's Edge
Lego Batman (I have started and stopped this game so many times)
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 1
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Bionic Commando (My God!  My arm is my wife! wait...what?)
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Transformers: The Game (Yeah...that one...the one based on the first movie...(shutter))
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden 2
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Loved the first one...we will see)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Lips (Free Mics!)
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore (Drinking and Best Buy do not mix kids)
Brutal Legend
Fracture

There is the list.  Will I finish them all this summer?  Probably not, but I am going to keep at it till Gears of War 3 hits, so we will see.  I will keep you posted...keep me in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment